Faithful to our mission
Mission of Rwanda Children’s Hope (RCH) is “to stop the poverty chain by providing Education”. We hope that children in the poorest should be provided Education; this is how, they can create their own brighter future to cut the poverty chain. In Rwanda where the society put most priority in academic career, people who dropped out in kindergarten or primary school do not have many choices but working as a cheap-labor. Therefore, we strongly hope that children will not drop out and we provide them education. Samaritan International School that RCH gives full support is based at one of the poorest areas in Rwanda, Karangazi. We provide scholarship to the poorest children among poor children. Without donation, these children cannot go to school anymore. Heart of supporters directly reflect on children’s brighter future.
RCH was initiated by Rwandan local and Japanese volunteer in 2008 and have been operated by Rwandan local since then. Many decision-makers of Rwandan organizations are foreigner, which makes more difficult for local people to make a decision for their projects for their people. However, RCH respects local people’s voice and will, and strengthens local capacity.
Developing quality education for the poor
At the first crowdfunding at READYFOR platform in 2016, we could reach 10,500USD which is more than 160% of the target amount. I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate again to those who donated to the campaign as well as spread campaign information through SNS and other tools. Thanks to the supporters, up to today 2020, RCH could provide scholarship from secondary to university to 70 students in total. RCH also helped Samaritan International School to install infrastructure such as electricity and water supply to have quality education. Japan Embassy in Rwanda also helped to establish the primary and nursery school building with computer room (and 10 computers donated).
Not only strengthened infrastructure of the school, but also students at Samaritan International School are enhanced. They won the best prize of the poetry contest in Nyagatare district in 2019. The school put great efforts into education to promote aesthetic sensitivity. RCH also supports Art Exchange activity between Japanese children and Rwandan children for improving the quality education.
More support needed
The number of Samaritan International School students in 2016 was 186, and now it increased to 315 in 2020. Now, under the situation of Coronavirus where parents cannot work and do not have any income source, none of the students can pay the school fee. That puts the school in extremely difficult situation to handle the management. Teachers at Samaritan International School do not have income source and cannot pay for their food and house rent.
In this situation, we decided to act for fundraising especially for 103 students from extreme poor family. They have been waiting for their scholarship since January 2020, without throwing their hope for brighter future. With these children, why don’t you commit yourself to make their brighter future together? We are waiting for your passion and support for those children who do not want to give up their future. Up until now and from now, RCH strives to be an exsistence who creates hope for children. Rwandan children need lots of hope. “Hope” saying here is scholarship towards children who pray everyday for having education for their brighter future. Children’s hope is created by your warm heart and your imagination for the children. Your giving hope will never be forgotten and will be planted deep inside of their heart and will be grown all through their lifetime.
What can we do with your donation?
- 20USD or CHF: we can provide one student with uniform
- 60USD or CHF: we can give school all amount of air time one year. Air time enables international call.
- 90USD or CHF: we can provide one semester education for one student
- 250USD or CHF: we can provide one year education for one students
- 1000USD or CHF: we can provide one year education for 4 students
Return to your support
- To supporters who donated more than 20USD or CHF, Rwanda Children's Hope will send Thanks Mail (with photos after this crowdfunding campaign)
- To supporters who donated more than 100USD or CHF, Rwanda Children's Hope will send Thanks Mail (with photos after this crowdfunding campaign). Kabasinga Fatier, a co-founder of Rwanda Children's Hope, will send you an appreciation video message after the campaign ends. You can put your name in our Home Page and Facebook (optional).
- To supporters who donated more than 250USD or CHF, Rwanda Children's Hope will send Thanks Mail (with photos after this crowdfunding campaign). Kabasinga Fatier, a co-founder of Rwanda Children's Hope, will send you an appreciation video message after the campaign ends. You can put your name in our Home Page and Facebook (optional).You will receive a photo and a letter of child that you supported.
- To supporters who donated more than 500USD or CHF, Rwanda Children's Hope will send Thanks Mail (with photos after this crowdfunding campaign). Kabasinga Fatier, a co-founder of Rwanda Children's Hope, will send you an appreciation video message after the campaign ends. You can put your name in our Home Page and Facebook (optional).You will receive a photo and a letter of child that you supported. You can have your link in Home Page and Facebook of Rwanda Children's Hope(optional)
From now on, we communicate with you sharing our update through our Home Page and facebook! Our target amount is 24,102USD and target period of fund-raising is up to June 24th . It would be really appreciated if you can spread this information to your network!
* We got some reports that an error of payment occurs. However, you can try some times and the payment can be completed in many cases. We are sorry for this inconvenience...!
*This donation form is based on CHF (Swiss Franc). 1USD is 0.95CHF (13th June, 2020).